Sunday, May 18, 2008

Batam Shopping Trip

Went on Batam Shopping trip yesterday with Kevin, Nic & Johnsten.
It wasn't really a fantastic start because...

1. The departure hall at Harbourfront was in a damn mess.
Long queues of aunties, kids. Irritating.

2. Clearing immigration inside was no better.
Had to squeez & chiong with those people.

3. The ferry was delayed by 15 minutes.

4. There was a bunch of idiotic freaks sitting behind us.
They talked non stop throughout the journey. So god damn noisy.

5. We got stuck at Batam's immigration. The queue was crazy.
People were queuing up in 2 lines when actually they're all queuing for the same counter.
So dumb.

We cleared all the shit processes at about 11am plus I think.
The 'friendly' tour guide totally sucked at speaking English.
He pronounced Nicholas name as Ni-Cole-Last. Zzz.
And his sense of humour was like shit.
Nobody understood what his jokes were.
And he just simply laughed at his jokes on his own.
Self entertainment? Maybe.

Started the journey with some small, tiny square shop selling local products.
There wasn't much selection & the snacks looked stale.
And they didn't sell hei bi or ikan billis.
Sorry Shirley, I couldn't get stuff for you.
No limes for you to suan Girl Girl too. =p
We ended up eating ice cream at the first stop.
The ice cream's freaking cheap.
$1+ for a Cornetto. Which is like half the price in SG.
Weather was hot like shit.
I almost melted like my ice cream.

Had seafood lunch at some restaurant.
It was a decent meal considered the fact we only paid $45 for the trip, including ferry tix.
And 1 stupid idiot sat beside me. WTF.
Don't know what's wrong with them.
Like sticking around me. Roarr!!!

And here's some snapshots I took while exploring the 'aquarium' at the restaurant.

The thing with the fin looked like a shark.

Some crayfish thingy.
Starfish & a stone fish.

Crabs!!!

Spent the next half of the day shopping.
The first shopping stop was the shittiest.
Nothing to buy at all. The mall's almost empty.
We ended up having a drink at the Cafe Godiva.

Our Ice Coffee. Not bad. But a lot of froth.

The set I ordered. RP 20,000 (About S$3.30). So freaking cheap.

Shopping time: My conquests as followed:

Polo Shirts for myself. RP 359,200 each (S$54)

Roxy Wallet for my cousin. RP 120,000 (S$18+)
Polo Shirts for JJ. RP 79,900 each (S$12)
My Adidas Polo. RP 109,000 (S$16)
Quiksilver T-Shirt. RP 195,000. (S$29.50)
Random T-shirts. RP 15,000 each. (S$2.50). Freaking cheap.J. Co Donuts. Half dozen RP29,000. (S$4.80). Whoa!!!
The extinct ANW rootbeer float.
They said I was a noob.
Cuz I stuffed the ice cream in & the drink fuzzled out from the mug.
Zzz. The whole tray's filled with the drink I spilt. Wasted cheap shit.

We didn't managed to take any group photos.
Cuz everyone was so dead tired from shopping.
And we dozed off on the journey back home.
I bought the most cheap shit there.
Kevin said I'm rising in the ranks of an auntie. >.<